Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to me!

 
What a beautiful week{end} to celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday!
It started on Friday...I met my oldest and dearest friend in Tacoma and we spent the afternoon eating, drinking and shopping...the perfect kick-off to a celebratory weekend!
Saturday was a beautiful day spent at the RAC {an outdoor sports complex in Lacey} for my niece Abbie's softball tournament where we cheered her on, the kids played and we soaked up the sun.
Sunday {Mother's Day} was another gorgeous day! We visited both of my Grandmas, my dad made French Toast for breakfast, my brother-in-law BBQ'd for all the moms and we all celebrated my birthday, too.
The only thing missing was Matt...and I thought about him a lot...wishing he was there.
 
With Grandma Peterson on Mother's Day morning. :)
 
The moms on Mother's Day...my sis-in-law Karena, my sister Cheri, me and my mom. <3
 
 This was the best we could do with me and the kiddos this year. :)
 
Can't even tell you how much I love these four...and how much my heart is going to ache, missing them.
 
Not the best quality coming from my phone, but I like it. :)
 
The morning of my actual birthday, Benjamin took me to Starbucks where we had ourselves a little coffee date. :)
 
 
 
And, finally, on Wednesday, my two best girls and I celebrated our birthdays at The Melting Pot...which was, as always, amazingly delicious and so much fun! Tiff and I have the same birthday, which is great because it's always better to celebrate your birthday with your best friend!
 
 
These girls mean the world to me and I am seriously going to miss our time together.
Lucky for me, one of them is moving to Minnesota not long after we're moving to Wisconsin!! Four hours to see one of my besties, instead of 30?! Yes, please!! :)
 
And, that about wraps it up.
I'm 37 now.
Man, that sounds old.
I don't feel that old.
I still think of myself as young and hip...like I'm still in my 20's!
Then I realize I'm listening to music that came out in the 90's...and my 20 year high school reunion is just one short year away.
That kinda brings ya back to reality...
 
*****
 
29 days until we hit the road!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment