Sunday, June 14, 2015

Benjamin's 3!!

What a fun day celebrating our favorite little dude turning three today!
 
Here are some fun facts about our little Benny Boo Boo...
 
He loves anything BOY-ish...running, jumping, climbing, making noise, anything with wheels, super heroes, making messes, dinosaurs, etc.
He can't sleep without his special blankie with his name on it and his little brown puppy, "Puppy." I pray we never lose either one.
He would live on granola bars and fruit snacks if we let him.
He loves Paw Patrol. LOVES. Paw Patrol.
He hates going to bed and most nights doesn't make bedtime any fun for any of us.
He would rather be outside.
He gives the best hugs.
He tells me on an almost daily basis "you're the best mama ever!" Heart = melt.
He's particular and likes things just-so. If something's in his room at bedtime that isn't supposed to be there, it's gotta go. When we're I'm picking up and something doesn't get put away in the right place, he moves it. {Which just gave me an idea...maybe I should start putting things away in the wrong place on purpose to get him to help me pick up more. Hmm...}
He's a picky eater.
He loves going for walks and bike rides.
He can't wait to go to preschool at the Y in the Fall.
He still has very little interest in potty training...which is going to make going to preschool a little interesting. But, I'm not pushing. He knows how to go and he knows when he needs to go, he's just stubborn. It's gotta be on his terms.
He wants mama to do everything..."No, daddy! I want mama do it!"
He knows the lyrics to a lot of the songs that come on the radio and always sings along with me in the car. It's hilarious listening to him sing Maroon 5 and Meghan Trainor.
He has the cutest dimples, a laugh that is seriously contagious and the best smile.
He wears a 3T and weighs about 26lbs...I think.
He loves the water and loves our new boat.
He loves going to the Y and always asks if Miss Cathy and his friends will be there.
He wants to help me with everything...cooking, cleaning, laundry, weeding, watering. He's my little shadow...when he's not sneaking off to get into mischief.
He loves bugging his sissy and knows how to push her buttons just right.
He  loves playing with his sissy and her Barbies.
He talks about his cousins and Grandma and Papa in WA every day. He misses them a lot.
 
I could keep going but, you get the picture. He's a sweet little stinker that keeps me on my toes and has given me more gray hairs in his 3 short years than his sister has in her 7 1/2.
Even so...we seriously love this little guy.
The struggles we went through in the 4 years before he was born were the hardest years of my life. They were hard on my body, hard on my emotions, hard on my marriage. But, our little Ben was worth every bit of the pain and heartache. Seeing his sweet, smiling face is a reminder of everything we gained, despite our loss. We love him more than words and I will forever be grateful that I got to be his mama.
 
I'll leave you with a few pics of the birthday boy at his Paw Patrol birthday party today!
 









 

1 comment: