Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

Ready for church on Saturday night!
 
This year we spent our Easter in a most wonderful way!
My nephew Jake {who happens to be turning 15 tomorrow...which I still can't believe is really happening} was baptized, took his First Communion, and was Confirmed all on Holy Saturday at the Easter Vigil mass.
 
I am so proud of him and the choice that he made and I am grateful to have witnessed such an amazing day in his young life...a day that will change the rest of his life in the best possible way!
 
Afterward, with his proud family!
 He chose my mom to be his sponsor. :)
 All the kids after a looong mass!
 
The kids both did great at mass, despite it starting at 8pm and lasting over 2 1/2 hours. Neither of them fell asleep {which kinda surprised me, but kinda didn't} but my arms did after holding Ben for nearly the entire time.
 
Again with the binky...*sigh*...it's gotta go.
But seriously, is he not just edible?! His cuteness kills me.
 
This morning was the ususal...finding Easter baskets, eating candy and cinnamon rolls and boiled eggs for breakfast, and visiting both of my Grandmas.
Then we headed to my brother's house for our annual egg hunt and delicious Easter dinner.
The weather was perfect for an outdoor celebration and the kids had an absolute blast!
 
 
We also celebrated Jake's birthday, Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation. He was a popular guy this weekend! :)
 
XO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment