Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Restless.

Portland was wonderful. I got to spend two whole days and a night of uninterrupted girl time with my two best girlfriends and it was just what I needed. It was just what all of us needed!
 
Day 1: we shopped 'til we dropped!! Our theme song for the weekend was "Happy!"...we heard it no less than 45 times on the radio. ;)

Happy Hour! Man, I love these girls. <3
 
I am so thankful I was able to go and have the time away but, now it's over. Boo.
 
Part of the reason I really needed a little break is that I've been missing my favorite guy in a bad way lately and it's really got me in kind of a funk.
I hate that he's house hunting without me.
I hate that I'm not there with a nice dinner ready and an ear to listen after a long day at work.
We Skype with him often but, most of the time, seeing his face only makes me miss him more.
The kids miss their daddy.
Every time Benjamin sees me on the computer he says "Daddy?! Daddy?!"
And Taylor has gotten to the point where she doesn't even want to talk most of the time. She's gotten used to him not being around.
So, needless to say, we're all feeling a bit restless. Still feeling unsettled, even though we've been settled into my parents' house for 2 1/2 months now.
I'm ready to go.
Ready to have a new home with my family all together.
Ready for a new adventure.
 
But, for now, we wait...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment